London Power ad

[-]
Search the Forum

(Advanced Search)

Repurposed Bogen CHB100
Hi Kevin,

I've brought it up to clipping and then backed off slightly to just before clipping and that was when I got 55 watts or so, before power scaling was added to the amp. That was at 480V B+. Power scaling steals a little bit of voltage so if I remember correctly it was around 470V with power scaling added, and I never did check the power output with power scaling on it, but it might be a hair less.

In the RCA manual for a pair of 7868's, they list 44 watts for a 6k6 load, so the 3k3 sounds about right. Its been several years since I did this, but I think I measured the OT at a 2k5 load, but I could be wrong on that. For Va and Vs under full load....I'll have to get back to you. It might be awhile until I get to this as I've been working on a long term car repair for my former daily driver and once I find a couple hoses I can put it back together finally. Working on it outside and trying to beat the winter weather, and will be out of the country for a couple weeks in October so I'm running out of time to get that done.

I am curious why the power is lower than I would expect on this amp though so I will update with that info when I have it. I was thinking it was the transformer set and the capabilities of them/size of them. I have another CHB100 that I was going to experiment with down the road and was possibly going to get the transformers analyzed too depending on what I find out.

Thanks for the assistance!

Greg

Messages In This Thread
Repurposed Bogen CHB100 - by soundmasterg - 09-12-2018, 11:52 PM
RE: Repurposed Bogen CHB100 - by Tom Phillips - 09-13-2018, 07:19 PM
RE: Repurposed Bogen CHB100 - by soundmasterg - 09-13-2018, 08:06 PM
RE: Repurposed Bogen CHB100 - by K O'Connor - 09-13-2018, 09:58 PM
RE: Repurposed Bogen CHB100 - by soundmasterg - 09-14-2018, 09:01 PM
RE: Repurposed Bogen CHB100 - by K O'Connor - 09-18-2018, 12:54 AM
RE: Repurposed Bogen CHB100 - by soundmasterg - 09-18-2018, 07:27 PM